Building Your Wall with Limestone… What are your Advantages?May 20, 2015
A lot of the magnificent structures we have today are made of limestone like the Great Pyramid of Giza, in Egypt. In New York, the Barclay Tower lightweight limestone panels were used decoratively. As in the past, limestone is well-known today in Australia and around world for its versatility, durability and competitive pricing.
Variety of limestone
Limestone used for walls can have different finishes ranging from black, white, cream, brown, gold, red and pink, and limestone panels are easy to cut and install, which make this an ideal building material for walls and decorative panels. Moreover, because limestone is a quarried stone, it can be cut to meet a specific size and shape, if required.
Unlike other stones, limestone has very few pore spaces because of its density which gives it the ability to withstand extreme weather changes like freeze-thaw and abrasions. Compared to solid stone choices, limestone is definitely the cheaper alternative; however, it can be used in ways heavier stones cannot. Since it is easier to install than other quarry stones, installation costs are considerably lower.
Increase the market value of your home and property
A wall with limestone can be a stunning sight to appreciate, and it gives a property an impression of elegance. With the help of professional stone masons, installing a limestone wall will enhance the beauty of your home and property, which in turn will increase their market value.
A well-built wall using limestone will last a lifetime, and its natural look and appeal is one of the real advantages that such a wall will provide you. Professionals can erect a wall so that it naturally blends with the nature around your home, especially if it is an exterior wall next a yard or garden.
A limestone wall is low maintenance
Generally, maintenance cost for fencing and walls increase over time, a wall with limestone needs minimal or no maintenance and will last the test of time. There are limestone buildings and walls that still stand erect after thousands of years. However, when it does come time to maintain your limestone wall, you only need water, a brush and a hose to clean it. There are plenty of online resources that will give you tips on how to do this.
Quarried stone can be cut to the size and shape you want
With the help of professional stonemasons like AM Stone Masons, based in Geelong, you can build that beautiful wall you have always wanted, with limestone; and, it has the strength of concrete! AM Stone Masons is excited to help you create living spaces utilizing limestone that can protect you from the biting cold of winter and the harshness of the summer months, or an outside wall to secure your home and family.
It’s true, limestone is a beneficial material used inside and outside of a home, but the natural beauty of the stone can be honed by AM Stone Masons to create subtle tones and finishes to give your home warmth, elegance and natural harmony.
Contact AM Stone Masons
If you have any questions or enquiries please feel free to contact us on the following details provided below or alternatively you can complete our online enquiry form also located below and we will get back to you as soon as possible...
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Why Should Your Garden Have Stone Retaining Walls?
- Design Your Outdoor Space with Limestone Fire Pits
- Stone Feature Wall Fountain: Reasons Why You Should Have One
- Home Improvement Using Different Stone Types
- Mt. Angus Sandstone: What's So Special About The Quality Of This Sandstone?
- Stonemason Services in Geelong: We Can Only Offer The Best!
- Discover the Natural Beauty of Stone Fireplaces
- Retaining Walls Defined
- The Benefits of Using Sandstone Materials for Construction
- Limestone Houses and Its Advantages
- Qualities and Best Uses of Granite Stone
- Benefits and Uses of Sandstone
- Top 3 Reasons why you should have a Rubble Wall for your Garden
- Bluestone Pavers: Paving your Home for Quality, Design and Beauty
- Building Your Wall with Limestone… What are your Advantages?
- Why Should You Consider Using Stone Designs for Your Home?
- What stone types will suit your home building needs?
- Is granite stone good for a home foundation?
- Retaining Wall Builders in Victoria
- Building a Fireplace into an Existing Home
- Professional Stone Fireplace Builders in Victoria
- Reasons to Prefer Building With Stone