Why Should Your Garden Have Stone Retaining Walls?Dec 9, 2015
To say gardening is fun would be a gross understatement to those who till the land with their hands, to reap the rewards from their labour and love. No, gardening is not just ‘fun’, there are other benefits such as the satisfaction that comes from caring for the plants and soil, and then reaping the rewards for your efforts – vegetables, herbs and fruits. For most folks, a home garden is a little piece of… peace, from the outside world; a special place that can be protected by stone retaining walls.
Stone Retaining Walls Protect Your Little Piece of Peace
The earth moves in many mysterious ways; natural ways, such as from the wind and rain, especially during heavy rains. Fast moving water can easily carry or wash away much dirt, exposing plant root systems, which damage your garden plants. If you have an outdoor garden area, then you may benefit greatly by protecting it with a stone retaining wall. These are not only useful for keeping the soil in your garden from escaping, during heavy rains, but rock retaining walls are attractive as well.
Depending on the height you choose for your retaining wall, these specially constructed walls can also keep out small animals, and smarty defines the boundaries of your garden area, for those who may unknowingly venture into it. Thus, a retaining wall can protect your plants from unexpected and unintentional harm.
A Stone retaining wall - an Investment that adds elegance to your garden and at the same time adds appeal and value to your property. This material has a special quality that differentiates it from other materials. What is its special quality? Because these are stone retaining walls, they are low maintenance home improvement projects that will last as long as the stones that are used to build them. That is a long, long time.
Some of the quality stone types include Limestone, Sandstone, Granite and Bluestone, just to name a few; of these types of stones, limestone is probably the most diverse and it is utilised the most for outdoor boundary stone walls and retaining walls for gardens.
If your garden area is special to you, and you care about all your plants, then erecting a stone retaining wall just makes sense, especially if you live in an area where heavy rains occur or in a place where small animals roam free. Not to mention, that these are low maintenance home improvement projects that add value and appeal to your property, and they can last as long as the stones used to build them, which is a long, long time.
Contact AM Stone Masons
If you have any questions or enquiries please feel free to contact us on the following details provided below or alternatively you can complete our online enquiry form also located below and we will get back to you as soon as possible...
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Why Should Your Garden Have Stone Retaining Walls?
- Design Your Outdoor Space with Limestone Fire Pits
- Stone Feature Wall Fountain: Reasons Why You Should Have One
- Home Improvement Using Different Stone Types
- Mt. Angus Sandstone: What's So Special About The Quality Of This Sandstone?
- Stonemason Services in Geelong: We Can Only Offer The Best!
- Discover the Natural Beauty of Stone Fireplaces
- Retaining Walls Defined
- The Benefits of Using Sandstone Materials for Construction
- Limestone Houses and Its Advantages
- Qualities and Best Uses of Granite Stone
- Benefits and Uses of Sandstone
- Top 3 Reasons why you should have a Rubble Wall for your Garden
- Bluestone Pavers: Paving your Home for Quality, Design and Beauty
- Building Your Wall with Limestone… What are your Advantages?
- Why Should You Consider Using Stone Designs for Your Home?
- What stone types will suit your home building needs?
- Is granite stone good for a home foundation?
- Retaining Wall Builders in Victoria
- Building a Fireplace into an Existing Home
- Professional Stone Fireplace Builders in Victoria
- Reasons to Prefer Building With Stone